It’s been a while since you bought your boat and you’ve enjoyed it to the fullest. The sea is a hook. And that feeling of freedom when sailing your own boat is like almost nothing else…
However, for whatever reason, your current boat no longer meets your needs. And so you have decided to sell it.
What can you do to achieve a successful sale of your boat or yacht?
The first thing to do is to look at the boat in its current condition and ask yourself the following questions:
- Would I buy this boat if it were my first time looking at it?
- What can I do to improve its appearance?
- How can I make it look newer?
We all like to buy cars, motorcycles and – in this case – boats that look as good as they would brand new.
Therefore, the exterior appearance is an important consideration if you want your boat to sell quickly and at a good price.
If we move on to the interior, it is advisable to collect all your personal belongings, since the new owner will not be interested in them. In addition, you can write a list of all those items that need to be repaired. There may be certain small repairs that you can do yourself that will improve the value of the boat. On the other hand, knowing which repairs need more investment will help you negotiate the price with potential buyers.
In the contracts of sale of second-hand boats, which are binding, the buyer is entitled to a warranty period of not less than one year. For this reason, it is in your interest to deliver the boat in good condition.
Finally, have at hand the documentation to be handed over at the time of the sale:
- Seat sheet (issued by Capitanía Marítima).
- CE Marking and/or Certificate of Navigability.
- Navigation License or dispatch and crew list and Vessel Technical Inspection Report (ITB).
- Certificate of suitability of the radio equipment installation.
- Request for Authorization of Installation and/or dismantling of radioelectric equipment.
- Invoices of the equipment, engines, auxiliary.
- Owner’s manual and other equipment manuals on board.
- Copy of your ID card and trailer registration certificate, if applicable.
Finally, you just need to identify a good price to sell your boat and select a company to help you sell it.
From Yateocasion we can help you to sell your boat in a short time and at the best price. Find out here without any obligation